Follow the three steps below to find out how to submit your work for publication on the B! Blog, in BAZOOF! Magazine and other opportunities in the works!
1. Pick an idea
General submissions are welcome from youth ages 7-12. Stories are welcome from youth of any age.
Some ideas of what you could send me are:
- Short story (11 years and younger: 500 words or less; 12-18 years: 800 words or less; Doesn’t include any violence, fighting, not too scary, gruesome, or dark-natured. Must be suitable for readers ages 8-12 years).
- Poem (short to medium in length only)
- Easy craft idea
- Drawing (please colour)
- Photo of your pet
- Photo of you doing an activity you enjoy
- Photo of a project that you made
- Healthy snack idea
- Recipe (healthy in nature)
- Game or puzzle
- Jokes or riddles
- Tell me about a sport you enjoy playing or a musical instrument
- Or any other ideas you have!
2. Follow our guidelines
Please read this information carefully before you submit your submission. It needs to include:
- Photos need to be the original size (not down-sized when uploading)
- If you are sending a short story or a poem, the submission is within the word limit.
- Short stories: 12 years and younger, 500 words or less; 13-18 years, 800 words or less.
- Poems: short to medium in length only.
- Submission doesn’t include any violence, fighting, not too scary, gruesome, or dark-natured. Must be suitable for readers ages 8-12 years.
- Your first and last name (your last name will NOT be published).
- Age (youth)
- Full mailing address including postal code/zip code (your address will NOT be published). Please have an adult proof this.
- An email address, so we can communicate with you and send you a proof.
- Your home phone number in case we can’t reach you by email. Sometimes when we are preparing for press, we need to reach you and are not always able to contact you by email. (optional)
- Also, be sure to tell a parent or guardian of your plans so they can assist you!
3. Upload your file
Once you’re ready to submit, fill out the form below and click “Choose file” to attach your document. If you have more than one attachment, then you must submit a separate form for each submission.
If you would prefer to send us your submission the old-fashioned way, then please mail it to one of the physical addresses listed on our contact page.
Please note that we do not guarantee the return postage of original works.
If you are 19 years or older, please consult our Writers’ Guidelines for adult writing opportunities.