“What I enjoyed most was designing the character on my structure. The challenging part was my weight. It was really heavy so I found it hard to find something that would hold it up.” Jasmine, Age 9
- two-pound weight
- pencil and eraser
- cardboard (thinner and heavier)
- felt markers
- Instead of a can, I decided to use a two-pound weight.
- The first step was to decide what my design would be.
- I thought I would make a cell phone holder. Instead of a cell phone, it would be a weight.
- Then, I drew it out and labelled it.
- I made a test version out of thinner cardboard.
- I made the real version with hard cardboard.
- I cut it out and put all the pieces together.
- I drew my picture and put the weight on the top of my structure.