“We needed a new sofa so my parents bought a second-hand one that seemed like a good fit. While watching TV later that evening, we heard some scratching noises. My mom thought it was mice. Dad followed the sound and removed a board from the back of the sofa. Continue reading
Here’s a something fun to make out of a toilet paper roll and an old sock!
What You Need!
- toilet paper roll
- yellow and orange construction paper (or what you have)
- black felt marker, crayon or black construction paper
- 2 black pipe cleaners
- old black sock
- another old sock
- buttons, beads, googly eyes or other
- glue stick and/or hot glue (with an adult’s assistance)
Looking for some ideas of what to do with your friends? Girls between the ages of 7-12 years told B! what they like to do or think is boring when they are ‘hanging out’ with their friends. Check it out!
- play with my toys or make stuff for each other like fire crackers out of wrapping paper – Danika
- play in the backyard on the trampoline or swim in my friend’s pool – Zoe
- play tag outside and make snow forts – Raquel
- play ‘teenagers’ or ‘house,’ play on the computer, watch our favorite TV shows or have a cartwheel and handstand contest – Raquel
- play board games, tag, or have a pizza and a movie night on Fridays – Emily
- dress up, put on music and sing & dance, or help my mom bake – Tsega
- jump rope, dolls, watch movies, paint and play cards – Tessa
See if you can find 15 differences between the first drawing and the second? Try to not look at the answers at the bottom of the screen until you think you’ve found them all!
“Smile at people.” Savannah
“Let a friend go first.” Raye
“Never say you hate people.” Rylan
“Not bragging if your team won.” Tristan Continue reading
My name is Genevieve and I’m 10 years old. My dream animal is a horse. I have a friend that I go riding out on trails with. I ride an Appaloosa Draft Horse named Blue, because he has blue eyes. When he’s having a lot of fun he will buck a little. I am not a professional rider, but I can ride western and bareback. My friend rides a Quarter Horse Paint named Brandi.
When we are going for a ride, we first brush the horses and then saddle them up. We make sure the girth is tight enough and that we have the chin strap on. Then we clean their feet, being very careful not to cut out their frog. Then we stretch them by grabbing their hooves and pulling them forward. We get our friend to give us a foot-up on our horses. We get them ready for their big ride by trotting around in the corral to warm them up. Then we go trail-riding. Continue reading
Guess the pictures, then add or subtract letters to form words on the blank spaces that are ‘simple machines’. Each blank space is for one letter. If you have it right, the word should fit perfectly on the blank spaces. Write your answers on a piece of paper, and keep the answer key covered at the bottom until you’re ready to check. Good-luck! Continue reading
Q: What did the banana say to the vampire?
A: Nothing! Banana’s don’t talk! (Jeremy, Age 12)
Q: Which ice cream do whales like best?
Who’s there? Ducks go.
Ducks go who? No! Ducks don’t go ‘who’, owls do! (Casey, Age 10)
Really, what is caring? What is inside us that makes us want to care or feel a way towards someone or something? Caring means a lot of things to a lot of different people. To me, caring is a necessity in life and can not be bargained by one. Caring requires presence and attention. Continue reading
The name’s Jerry, but you can call me your new personal trainer. Playtime’s over, it’s Jerry time! I’m going to teach you the secret to looking as ‘Jerry’ as can be. Turn up your favorite jam and let’s boogie!
Jumpin’ Jerry Jacks
I named this one after… you guessed it, ME!!! Grab your timer and see how many jumping jacks you can do in 2-4 minutes.
- If you’re a wee lizard, then start with 2 minutes
- If you’re a cobra, then muster it up for 3 minutes
- And if you’re a T-Rex, then go for 4 minutes and don’t look back!
They’d better be quick if you wanna look sharp! And remember to count how many you do before the timer goes off. Don’t start until I say so…are you ready? Okay…. GO!!! 1 – 2 – 3 – 4. That’s right, snap those french fries. Keep it up!
When you’re done, let’s do a bit of a cool down: Continue reading