Here is a fun craft you can make with odds n’ ends that are around the house or in your craft box. If you don’t have the exact item that you see displayed, you can use something else instead and create your own art piece!
What You Need!
- 3-4 colors of construction paper
- glue stick
- Odds n’ Ends: feathers, yarn, buttons, clothes pins, pompoms, beans, toothpicks, foam chips, ribbon, fabric, felt pieces, string, sparkle glue, confetti, sequins, beads and any other ideas you have!
- Use one sheet of construction paper to place your giraffe on. On other colors of paper, trace out with a pencil the shape of the giraffe’s head, neck, body and legs.
- Cut these pieces out when you have them sketched the way you’d like.
- Glue them on your main paper.
- Then look at the picture to see ideas of what you can use to add detail to your giraffe. For example, the giraffe’s spots were made from torn pieces of paper and toothpicks. The eyes were made from beads, feathers and buttons. Glue items on as you go.
- When you are all done, keep it flat until the glue dries, approximately 24 hours. Great job!
Submitted by Birhanu, Age 10
Send a Craft
Get your own craft published by sending it in! Be sure it is easy enough the someone could make it by viewing a photo of the completed craft. See Submit for the details in how to send. Have FUN!