“My name is Corina. I’m 10 years old and these are my degus! Their names are Dusk, Shadow and Shade. I got them a couple of months ago. I have been looking for a long time for the pet that is right for me. When I first saw the degus, I fell in love with them! I put them in a big cage that my dad made for them.
Degus are very social animals. That is why if you are thinking of getting one, you should get a few of them because they like to be with other degus. They are very playful and curious.
My degus all have different personalities. Dusk is calm. Shadow is calm at times and hyper at other times. Shade is hyper ALL the time.
The degus all love carrots! Shade and Dusk like apples. Shadow doesn’t like them though. Shade and Shadow like peas, but Dusk doesn’t! They love carrots so much that when I put them at the top of the cage and stick it through the bars, they will climb up and grab on and won’t let go when their feet aren’t touching the ground! All of them are really good climbers!”
Tell B! About Your Pet
Thanks Corina! Send in a photo and share a little about YOUR pet. It could be published here on the B! Blog or in the magazine! You might get a parent or caregiver to help. For details, see the SUBMIT page. Some things you could talk about your pet are:
- How did you get it?
- Where did their name come from?
- How long have you had it?
- What activities do you enjoy doing with them?
- What are their favorite snacks or treats?
- What are different things you do to take care of it?
- What do you most enjoy about having it as your pet?
- Has it had any accidents or gotten lost? What happened?
- Any funny or unusual things it likes to do?
- Anything else you might want to say…