As morning broke, all the fairies got ready for the long day in the meadow. When Rosie awoke, she rushed out of her little cottage into the meadow. The meadow was beautiful and the grass was covered in dew drops. Continue reading
My name is Raquel and this is our dog, Ozzy. He is a Yorkshire Terrier. We got him when he was 10 weeks old and now he is five months. Both his dad and brother live on our block. Before we got Ozzy we had a fish, hamster and a few frogs. When we heard that Ozzy’s mom had puppies, we asked if we could go see them. We weren’t expecting to buy one. Continue reading
by Jana, Age 13
I always go to our local library to borrow some books. But, one day I thought I would never be able to borrow a book again!
It all began on that Tuesday afternoon when I went to borrow my favorite book, ‘Dusky Dawn’ which I have read more than 20 times! I loved the suspense, the adventure, the friendship, it was one story with all kinds of genres. I grabbed it and headed to the check-out counter. After saying goodbye to the librarian, I ran quickly home to finish my homework.
A week later at dinner time, my mother told me, ” Sweety, don’t forget to return your library book tomorrow.” Then it hit me, that was what I had forgotten! I ran upstairs to my messy room to look for the book. Continue reading
Building on the beloved children’s television series, Skybrary was created to spark a lifelong love of learning through an ever-expanding world of interactive digital books and Video Field Trips hosted by everyone’s favorite storyteller, LeVar Burton.
Skybrary is packed with engaging features both you and your child will love:
- Children pilot their own personal hot air balloons through 7 magical islands, each home to hundreds of quality books and videos that celebrate diversity, family and the world around us.
- They get unlimited access to over 600 high-quality books—from classics to award winners to undiscovered gems. Each one has been hand-picked by celebrated authors and publishers.
- They can explore the world on over 250 educational Video Field Trips. From nature excursions to space explorations to globe-trotting adventures, join host LeVar Burton on a seemingly endless array of fun and fascinating learning journeys.
- You will reward your young reader’s natural curiosity and sense of discovery. Skybrary features interactive animations that add to the fun (and support reading comprehension).
- Inspire your young reader’s natural curiosity and sense of discovery today with Reading Rainbow’s Skybrary!
With Skybrary Family, your child can Go Anywhere and Be Anything — right from your preferred device! Try it for one month—FREE! Click here for details.
Disneynature’s Born in China showcases the magic and mystery of China’s exotic wildlife. The film takes audiences on an epic journey into the wilds of China where few people have ever ventured. Following the stories of three animal families, the film transports audiences to some of the world’s most extreme environments to witness intimate moments in the lives of these animals.
A doting panda bear mother guides her growing baby as she begins to explore and seek independence. A two-year-old golden monkey, who feels displaced by his new baby sister, joins up with a group of free-spirited outcasts. And a mother snow leopard—an elusive animal rarely seen by human eyes—faces the very real drama of raising her two cubs in one of the harshest and most unforgiving environments on Earth. Continue reading
If you have a breadmaker in your kitchen, you’ll want to try this recipe! It is easy and really fun to prepare! The pretzels are lightly sweet with a crisp outside and a soft inside. The recipe makes 16 medium-sized pretzels that fit nicely on two cookie sheets.
- 1 ¼ cups water
- 3 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsps sugar
- 1 Tbsp bread-machine yeast
- raisins (optional)
- Glaze: 1 egg white & 1 Tbsp water
- Topping: ½ cup sugar & 1 tsp cinnamon
My daughter, Kathryn, discovered that her first pregnancy was twin girls. She asked me to come and live with them. Once Kendra and Kaylee were 3 years old, I decided it was time to live on my own again. I rented an apartment approximately a 10-minute drive from their home. The girls made their first visit to my new abode the day the gardeners had planted a beautiful flower bed in front of the building. Continue reading
The day seemed to be going by so fast! My two best friends and I were almost home from school. As we turned onto Rammy Road, a green light lit up the sky. Ryan with his glasses held together with a band-aid, and Laura in her hot pink fluffy shirt, saw it too. Their eyes were as big and round as my mom’s Sunday pancakes.
The light disappeared as quickly as it came. A flying red saucer took its place spinning above us. We all ducked, thinking it was going to crash on our heads. It was now spinning faster. It was out of control! In a blink of an eye it crashed in the woods beside us. Continue reading