BAZOOF! is a brand that creates children’s content dedicated to educate and empower! Our focus is narrowed into a few key areas:
- to encourage reading and learning
- deepen understanding of good health in these growing years, leading to habits that can last a lifetime
- help readers think beyond the page in developing the building blocks of a strong character
- spark the endless creativity youth naturally have, encourage writing, give them opportunities to be published, and build self-confidence
Winner of Parents’ Choice Awards®, BAZOOF! is a health and creativity print publication with a digital option. It is set in a bustling city in outer space that readers visit as they turn the pages. Along with much fun and adventure, educates on nutrition, personal care, fitness, healthy life-styles, character development, eco-education—all in a creative and zany style! Filled with short stories, comics, recipes, puzzles, games, crafts, jokes, riddles, pet care, interviews, healthy snacks, sports, true stories, fun facts, prizes and more! BAZOOF! is a standard full-size publication with measurements of 8 inches wide and 11 inches in height. View a free sample here.
Tell me about ABAJUB!
ABAJUB is the newest addition to the B! brand. It is a custom digital publication that works as a reading companion to BAZOOF! It follows the same themes but with a few different angles on the content. ABAJUB takes readers to the creatures that live below the surface of Planet GLAK. It includes a continuing story about Jorb, with the readers given the opportunity to share ideas to help shape future episodes. Readers even get to be a part of developing the Jub characters and language. It is suitable for reading on any device but best viewed on a tablet. View a free sample here.
Who is BAZOOF! and ABAJUB designed for?
They are best suited for ages 8-12, but early readers of age 7 have enjoyed it as well. Appeals to both girls and boys and works great shared between siblings.
What are some of the topics the publications cover?
BAZOOF! carries a nice balance between fun and educational features including topics such as dental care, proper sleep, sun protection, positive effects of exercise, nutrition, germs, positive self image, kindness, peer pressure, bullying, respect, online safety, choosing good friends, community service, recycling, preserving water, making safe choices and much more!
ABAJUB follows similar themes of creativity and health, that includes content submitted by youth sharing their perspective on life and healthy activities they are engaged in. There are interactive elements with video, pop-up reading, links for sharing comments and more. An entertainment section includes book, movie, and game reviews, unique to ABAJUB.
When do the print and digital issues come out?
BAZOOF! and ABAJUB are each published quarterly. Between the two of them, readers could receive healthy, fun, and educational reading approximately every six weeks! To see the schedule for each, visit here.
What are the costs to purchase?
Subscribers can purchase BAZOOF! print magazine on its own or add ABAJUB to their order for only $1 per issue (as a special introductory price). See pricing here.
Where can digital orders be placed?
Why others have subscribed to BAZOOF! magazine
- “I liked the magazine myself.”
- “It looked like fun/cool for my kids.”
- “My child wanted it.”
- “I wanted my child to read more.”
- “Looked like it had lots of things my kids would be interested in.”
- “My child was interested in getting a magazine in the mail.”
- “It was about helping kids to make good choices.”
- “It is a gift that can be shared between siblings.”
- “My child thought it looked really fun to read.”
- “I wanted my students at school to read other types of material.”
- “It sounded like good info for children and parents.”
- “It seemed like a nice magazine for children.”
- “Looked informing and fun at the same time.”
BAZOOF! magazine launched as ZAMOOF! in January 2007 after a pool of ideas swirled around then landed on some pages. The concept was to develop a magazine that was fun, entertaining, sparked creativity, and educate kids on the black and white values all parents agree on. By the end of 2014, ZAMOOF! began to broaden its mission of character development adding editorials on nutrition, fitness, positive self-image and other healthy lifestyle topics. Fall 2015, the title was changed to BAZOOF! to crawl a little closer up the alphabet.
The BAZOOF! brand is backed by a talented team of writers, illustrators, designers and copy editors who have a passion for what they do and still have one foot in the world of being a kid. They hang out at B! Headquarters to put their stuff together, but live their normal lives in their own comfortable communities.