BAZOOF! is a brand that creates children’s content dedicated to educate and empower! Our focus is narrowed into a few key areas:
- to encourage reading and learning
- deepen understanding of good health in these growing years, leading to habits that can last a lifetime
- help readers think beyond the page in developing the building blocks of a strong character
- spark the endless creativity youth naturally have, encourage writing, give them opportunities to be published, and build self-confidence
Winner of Parents’ Choice Awards®, BAZOOF! is a health and creativity print publication with a digital option. It is set in a bustling city in outer space that readers visit as they turn the pages. Along with much fun and adventure, educates on nutrition, personal care, fitness, healthy life-styles, character development, eco education—all in a creative and zany style! Filled with short stories, comics, recipes, puzzles, games, crafts, jokes, riddles, pet care, interviews, healthy snacks, sports, true stories, fun facts, prizes and more! It’s fun size in print works well in younger hands and is easier to read on a tablet if choosing a digital version (7.5 inches wide and 9.5 inches in height).
Tell me about ABAJUB!
Abajub is the newest addition to the B! brand. It is a custom digital publication that works as a reading companion to BAZOOF! It follows the same themes but with a few different angles on the content. Abajub takes readers to the creatures that live below the surface of Planet GLAK. It includes a continuing story about Jorb, a tween, with the readers given the opportunity to share ideas to help shape future episodes. Readers even get to be a part of developing the jub characters and language. A sample version will be available soon. For more information, please visit this post that will show updates on its progress! Launching November 15, 2017 with the first issue complimentary to everyone!
Who is BAZOOF! designed for?
It is best suited for ages 8-12, but early readers of age 7 have enjoyed it as well. Appeals to both girls and boys and works great shared between siblings.
What are some of the topics it covers?
BAZOOF! carries a nice balance between fun and educational features including topics such as dental care, proper sleep, sun protection, positive affects of exercise, nutrition, germs, positive self image, kindness, peer pressure, bullying, respect, online safety, choosing good friends, community service, recycling, preserving water, making safe choices and much more!
When do the print and digital issues come out?
Below are the dates when the print publication of BAZOOF! is dropped into the mail and available for digital subscribers. For mailed copies, it may take a few days to arrive or up to a few weeks, depending on the pace of the postal system.
PLEASE NOTE: As of September 2017, BAZOOF! will be published 4 issues/year (from bi-monthly) opening up for the new digital companion called Abajub! It will be published 4 issues/year as well and will be included in the subscription price to BAZOOF! Between the two publications, readers will receive more healthy, fun educational reading approximately every six weeks (once things settle in)! If you have any questions, please contact us.
- #60 – August 1, 2017 (BAZOOF! Special Field Trip)
- #61 – November 1, 2017 (BAZOOF! Wacky Winter)
- #1 – November 15, 2017 New Digital Companion Abajub!
- #2 – December 15, 2017 New Digital Companion Abajub!
- #62 – February 1, 2018 (BAZOOF! Spring Flinger)
- #3 – March 15, 2018 New Digital Companion Abajub!
- #63 – May 1, 2018 (BAZOOF! Camp Galoopa)
- #4 – June 15, 2018 New Digital Companion Abajub!
- #64 – August 1, 2018 (BAZOOF! Back to School)
What are the costs to purchase?
Subscribers can purchase BAZOOF! print magazine on it’s own or add Abajub to their order for only $1 per issue (as a special introductory price). See pricing here.
Where can digital orders be placed?
Can I see a sample of some of the content?
See a free magazine sample of BAZOOF! here. A sample of Abajub will be available soon after it’s launch.
Why others have subscribed to BAZOOF! magazine
- “I liked the magazine myself.”
- “It looked like fun/cool for my kids.”
- “My child wanted it.”
- “I wanted my child to read more.”
- “Looked like it had lots of things my kids would be interested in.”
- “My child was interested in getting a magazine in the mail.”
- “It was about helping kids to make good choices.”
- “It is a gift that can be shared between siblings.”
- “My child thought it looked really fun to read.”
- “I wanted my students at school to read other types of material.”
- “It sounded like good info for children and parents.”
- “It seemed like a nice magazine for children.”
- “Looked informing and fun at the same time.”
About the BAZOOF! Creative Team
BAZOOF! magazine launched as ZAMOOF! in January 2007 after a pool of ideas swirled around then landed on some pages. The concept was to develop a magazine that was fun, entertaining, sparked creativity, and educate kids on the black and white values all parents agree on. By the end of 2014, ZAMOOF! began to broaden its mission of character development adding editorials on nutrition, fitness, positive self image and other healthy-lifestyle topics. Fall 2015, the title was changed to BAZOOF! to crawl a little closer up the alphabet.
Published by Dream Wave Publishing Inc., BAZOOF! is backed by a talented team of writers, illustrators, designers and copy editors who have a passion for what they do and still have one foot in the world of being a kid. They hang out at B! Headquarters to put their stuff together, but live their normal lives in their own comfortable communities.
The publication is produced and available on newsstands in Canada and mailed to subscribers in Canada, the US or wherever they may live around the globe. If you have a comment, suggestion or know how to keep dogs from licking our toes, please get in touch! We welcome your thoughts! Until then…we’ll keep working away!