What’s BAZOOF! magazine all about?
BAZOOF! magazine, winner of Parents’ Choice Awards®, is a health and creativity magazine that specializes in publishing youth work. It is set in a bustling city in outer space that readers visit as they turn the pages. Along with much fun and adventure, educates on nutrition, personal care, fitness, healthy life-styles, character development, eco education—all in a creative and zany style! Filled with short stories, comics, recipes, puzzles, games, crafts, jokes, riddles, pet care, interviews, healthy snacks, sports, true stories, fun facts, prizes and more! Sized to be both print and tablet friendly.
Who is BAZOOF! designed for?
It is best suited for ages 8-12. Appeals to both girls and boys and works great shared between siblings in that age range.
What are some of the topics it covers?
BAZOOF! carries a nice balance between fun and educational features including topics such as dental care, proper sleep, sun protection, positive affects of exercise, nutrition, germs, positive self image, kindness, peer pressure, bullying, respect, online safety, choosing good friends, community service, recycling, preserving water, making safe choices and much more!
When do the print and digital issues come out?
Below are the dates when the print publication of BAZOOF! is dropped into the mail and available for digital subscribers. For mailed copies, it may take a few days to arrive or up to a few weeks, depending on the pace of the postal system.
PLEASE NOTE: As of September 2017, BAZOOF! will be published 4 issues/year (from bi-monthly) opening up for a new digital companion called Abajub! It will be published 4 issues/year as well and will be included in the subscription price to BAZOOF! Between the two publications, readers will receive more healthy, fun educational reading approximately every six weeks! See below how it will work and read here for more information. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- #60 – August 1, 2017 (BAZOOF! Special Field Trip)
- #1 – September 1, 2017 New Digital Companion Abajub!
- #61 – November 1, 2017 (BAZOOF! Wacky Winter)
- #2 – December 15, 2017 New Digital Companion Abajub!
- #62 – February 1, 2018 (BAZOOF! Spring Flinger)
- #3 – March 15, 2018 New Digital Companion Abajub!
- #63 – May 1, 2018 (BAZOOF! Camp Galoopa)
- #4 – June 15, 2018 New Digital Companion Abajub!
- #64 – August 1, 2018 (BAZOOF! Back to School)
How much does it cost?
A single copy of BAZOOF! Magazine costs $4.95 USD/CDN + tax. You can save up to 35% by purchasing a one- or two-year subscription. For more information, check out our Pricing & Publication Schedule.
What size is it?
As of Issue #57, the printed version of BAZOOF! has changed to a new tablet-friendly size. In print, it measures approximately 7.5 inches wide and 9.5 inches in height. It is now easier to read on a tablet for digital readers, and makes for a fun size in print.
What form is it available in?
Can I see a sample of some of the content?
See a free magazine sample here!
Why Others Have Subscribed
- “I liked the magazine myself.”
- “It looked like fun/cool for my kids.”
- “My child wanted it.”
- “I wanted my child to read more.”
- “Looked like it had lots of things my kids would be interested in.”
- “My child was interested in getting a magazine in the mail.”
- “It was about helping kids to make good choices.”
- “It is a gift that can be shared between siblings.”
- “My child thought it looked really fun to read.”
- “I wanted my students at school to read other types of material.”
- “It sounded like good info for children and parents.”
- “It seemed like a nice magazine for children.”
- “Looked informing and fun at the same time.”
About the BAZOOF! Creative Team
BAZOOF! magazine launched as ZAMOOF! in January 2007 after a pool of ideas swirled around then landed on some pages. The concept was to develop a magazine that was fun, entertaining, sparked creativity, and educate kids on the black and white values all parents agree on. By the end of 2014, ZAMOOF! began to broaden its mission of character development adding editorials on nutrition, fitness, positive self image and other healthy-lifestyle topics. Fall 2015, the title was changed to BAZOOF! to crawl a little closer up the alphabet.
Published by Dream Wave Publishing Inc., BAZOOF! is backed by a talented team of writers, illustrators, designers and copy editors who have a passion for what they do and still have one foot in the world of being a kid. They hang out at B! Headquarters to put their stuff together, but live their normal lives in their own comfortable communities.
The publication is produced and available on newsstands in Canada and mailed to subscribers in Canada, the US or wherever they may live around the globe. If you have a comment, suggestion or know how to keep dogs from licking our toes, please get in touch! We welcome your thoughts! Until then…we’ll keep working away!