Do you know much about dinosaurs? Usually, when you hear the word Dinosaur, you imagine aggressive carnivorous ones. But studying more about them, you can find many herbivorous dinosaurs as well. Those are the ones that are more relaxed and eat grass and other vegetation! If you can answer these questions below right or even most of them, you are on your way to being a dinosaur expert! The answers can be found at the bottom of the blog.
True or False?
- Scientists know exactly how many dinosaurs there were. True or False
- Dinosaurs stole other dinosaur’s eggs for food. True or False
- Dinosaurs went extinct about 65 billion years ago. True or False
- Pterosaurs had wings made of skin. True or False
- Scientists do not know for sure the color of dinosaurs’ skin. True or False
- The speediest dinosaurs could probably run at speeds of up to 100 kilometres per hour. True or False
- The heaviest dinosaur was the Brachiosaurus at 80 tonnes. True or False
The smallest fully-grown fossil dinosaur is the little bird-hipped plant-eater lesothosaurus, which was only the size of a frog. True or False
The word dinosaur comes from the Latin language and means terrible lizard. True or False
When dinosaur bones were first found hundreds of years ago by the Chinese, they thought they were the bones of giant dragons. True or False
Can you guess?
Here are three types of foot prints. Do you know which type of dinosaur made these? Name them from left to right as #1, #2, and #3.
True & False Answers
- False: This is not possible
- True: Just as some animals do today
- False: 65 million years ago
- False: 60 kilometres per hour
False: the size of chicken
False: from the Greek language
Foot print Answers